nissan xterra vs toyota fj cruiser ?

m3gtr8
Club Member
Club Member

both have the same engine and power , similar reliability , def locks and low gears , ground clearance , approach and departure angles .....etc

and the xterra is cheaper , less noisy on road , prettier .

any idea why i shouldn't buy it over the fj ?
toleg
Club Member
Club Member

I was in the same boat as you few weeks back, though we have the wrangler unlimited as the other choice.

fj - getting discontinued (not really a factor), mainly the 2nd passenger door and the smaller compartment.

overall happy with the xterra off road (value for money and practicality)

hth
m3gtr8
Club Member
Club Member

yeah bro , the offroad xterra is a good deal
AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

Although I am not a toyota fj cruiser owner and wouldnt mind owning one ... I find it over priced in comparison to other similar cars
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

FJ Cruiser is a beautiful capable off-road car and I think it will keep high resale value if discontinued this year. I have one but I dont recomend it for off-road family use, it has small cargo capacity and maybe dangerous for rear passenger in case of emergency exit/rescue...
Adil

Point to note here guys is that the Unlimited has a roll cage and Jeep reliability and go everywhere ability whereas the FJ is super fast and can do mostly everything onroad / offroad in capable hands and is also more forgiving but have heard lots of bad things about the Xterra though personally I like the looks and it seems a pretty comfortable performer in the dunes (provided its in the right hands) :038::038:
toleg
Club Member
Club Member

I agree to monobelgi for family use and safety exit are the turning factor me to choice the xterra.
On the other hand the unlimited is the top of our list - being the temperature/heat issue and onroad use are the cons. (but still, would like to own in the future) :D
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

think about future plans..there are many people suffering from Nissan warranty policy and maybe toyota but am not sure..minor modifications can void up ur car warranty
Salute Jeep
Adil

I totally agree with Mazaaj if you are going to be a regular off roader. Jeeps rule.