Offroading in Liwa

lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

I agree. It depends on the driver and the stock car. There are many really experienced off-roaders who drive stock cars through the harshest terrains. conversely, there are many in-experienced off-roaders with the most outrageously modified cars who would get stuck in the sand at the side of the road. If in doubt, don't modify.
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is this an advertisement thread for the Vitara?

Anyway always remember to take extra batteries when you drive MiniMe :yarr:

I recommend

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

lizzy;33562 wrote:I agree. It depends on the driver and the stock car. There are many really experienced off-roaders who drive stock cars through the harshest terrains. conversely, there are many in-experienced off-roaders with the most outrageously modified cars who would get stuck in the sand at the side of the road. If in doubt, don't modify.

you can see this situation in JEEP JAMBOREE, GULF NEWS and NISSAN XPLORE drives

its that time of the year when the super moddified MALL CRAWLERS are out to play

cheers
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

I apologize..this is the right batteries size

Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is my Not-so-little contribution....

Lets forget about the driver's skill for a while please and focus on the car itself, which I presume is the central point here. In other words, the question was whether a stock car or a modified car is better to drive at liwa or elsewhere.

Of course which car we pick makes a huge difference. Think of the car as a tool, for example a drill bit. You can use a steel bit to drill a hole in concrete, but it is better to use a concrete bit, and using a drill with a hammer option makes it even better.

Similarly, some cars will go anywhere even at stock (Think of the Hummer, the original one) The car was designed to go anywhere. Add 4 sand tires to it and it becomes "better" in the sand, but not as good on rocks.

for our purposes, the modification makes things easier but always at a cost. A lift kit will give you clearance, and more importantly better approach and departure angles, so you don't slam into sand as often when your climbing up or down, but will cost you in stability as the center of gravity gets higher. Harder suspension (not longer, mind you) will help control body roll and keep the tires in contact with the surface, but will cost you comfort on the road, and the ride will be bumpier..

Serious, real 4x4 are cars made with the intention of actually going off-road, while giving you the ability to ride on the road too. Soccer-mom SUV are road cars that can handle some off-roading.

In the case of the Prado.. you really need to take care of your bumpers only. The rest of the package is great for off-roading. In the case of the new Pajero, you will lose your bumper anyway and the best lift kit isn’t going to help much.. there are lengthy discussions about why NOT a Pajero elsewhere on the site..

When discussing with your friend, keep in mind those two things: Not all cars are the same; some need mods and others not as much, and that people LOVE their cars and their opinions even more.

Coming back now to the matter of skill.. Humans invented devices to compensate for or fully take care of their lack of skill. You can train for years and become a very good martial artist in order to defend yourself, or maybe kill someone. Or you buy a gun.. much easier, and way less time, but if you don't know how to use it properly you might end up with a hole in your foot (like those getting stuck on the road side)

The point is the right tools (cars+mods) will make things easier (and honestly they look cool too)
AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

I do understand that the driver is the ultimate aspect in driving... but again and as DL noted a modified car will be of a help.
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

So then, there has been no Pajero in the club that has conquered or driven to liwa yet ?