Offroading in Liwa

AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

Hi Offroaders,

Yesterday I had a heated discussion with my friend whether a stock (no mod's) car such as toyota prado can be driven at Liwa ... I said it is better to have a modified car with a lift kit, wider tires, etc... but my friend had a different impression. What do you think?

Appreciate your feedback.
FSL

you should see Bu Salem driving mini me (bone stock suzuki vitara) in liwa... and you will have your answer :thumbsup:
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

AHMAD4X4;33527 wrote:Hi Offroaders,

Yesterday I had a heated discussion with my friend whether a stock (no mod's) car such as toyota prado can be driven at Liwa ... I said it is better to have a modified car with a lift kit, wider tires, etc... but my friend had a different impression. What do you think?

It s all about the driver and not the car......as mentioned by FSL, if the driver is good, you can go there with a stock Vitara, nothing more, nothing less....
AHMAD4X4
Club Member
Club Member

So a stock car will not have any issues such as clearance? I know its all about the driver but a powerful car with the appropriate clearance will be a big help especially in hard areas... And it will reduce the impact on the car from getting damaged.....
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

AHMAD4X4;33530 wrote:So a stock car will not have any issues such as clearance? I know its all about the driver but a powerful car with the appropriate clearance will be a big help especially in hard areas... And it will reduce the impact on the car from getting damaged.....
For sure a modified car (provided that it is modified in the right way!) can give you some benefit, but at the end of the day with a stock car you can do almost the same things, ..... but in a different way :060:
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

Yoghybear;33533 wrote:For sure a modified car (provided that it is modified in the right way!) can give you some benefit, but at the end of the day with a stock car you can do almost the same things, ..... but in a different way :060:
it is the man behind the steering and the gained experience
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

AHMAD4X4;33527 wrote:Hi Offroaders,

FSL;33528 wrote:you should see Bu Salem driving mini me (bone stock suzuki vitara) in Liwa... and you will have your answer :thumbsup:
and here you go...mini me in action in Liwa

[video=youtube_share;CnKgMxdoPTY][/video]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

AHMAD4X4;33530 wrote:So a stock car will not have any issues such as clearance? I know its all about the driver but a powerful car with the appropriate clearance will be a big help especially in hard areas... And it will reduce the impact on the car from getting damaged.....
Generally in sand desert, there is never issue with the clearance. All cars can pass through, it just depends on the driving technique. Lifting the car will never improve the driving techniques for a driver, in theory lifting can make it worse and endanger the driver.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bu-Shahid;33540 wrote:and here you go...mini me in action in Liwa
:like:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another one for MiniMe in action in Al Ain dunes

[video=youtube_share;oqPXoZGGcnc][/video]