Recovery Sand Tracks

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

muaz;31182 wrote:http://www.blingmytruck.com/products/58 ... pment.aspx

if am not mistaken
They cannot help at all. Those will turn into cannon balls or deadly arrows.
lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

Unless you've used them it's unlikely you know what they can do. Go and find someone with them or who has used them and see what they think. They can be used wherever you get stuck, that's the beauty of them. They weigh about 5-6kg each and have edges underneath that grip the sand.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

lizzy;31216 wrote:Unless you've used them it's unlikely you know what they can do. Go and find someone with them or who has used them and see what they think. They can be used wherever you get stuck, that's the beauty of them. They weigh about 5-6kg each and have edges underneath that grip the sand.

Dear Lizzy

It seems that you are not convinced with the others opinion , it is your right to take the advise or leave it but it is an open forum so anyone will have his own opinion based on previous experience.

Have a great day
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

alshamsi_m;31142 wrote:Dear Larkin

I'll answer you from my point of view regarding this solution.

1. If you follow the link you will see it on FLAT GROUND ... we don't drive in flat grounds.
2. You might need it if you are driving alone but usually offroaders drive with TWO cars or above so rescue will be around and you don't need this track , YOU NEED A ROPE.
3. In the old days, we tried all the commercial stuff for offroading and we discovered that your skills are the key factor "THEY JUST WANT TO SALE".

From the above I would say don't wast your money and it is useless

Best Regards
Thank you Alshamsi and yes I do see the logic here of the Flat Ground and really appreciate the comment.

Rgds
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

caprihorse;31166 wrote:This equipment was developed by Aussies, mainly when they got stuck on the beach, as they never heard about deflation. If you would use it on the slope, it would fly like cannon ball, destroying everything on the way.
From Ace offer is good just the shovel, as it is very handy to settle BBQ fire and hot charcoal.
So the shovel for 378 with free Sand Tracks sounds like quite expensive deal.
Capri, Thats rights 378 for the Shovel :D

But Many thanks Capri, Alshamsi and Strawb and I totally agree now that its not meant for the slope and the terrain that desert drivers drive.
larkin
Club Member
Club Member

strawb;31143 wrote:Plus if you get stuck on flat ground as what they have in the picture .... a cheaper solution is to deflate down to 10-12psi and engage your 4 wheel drive to 4L and reverse out of the situation

cheers
Hi Strawb

I believe this is applicable in this situation, right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stemgTPRXRo

The fortuner was really struggling with the pull
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

With a little bit of practice i believe so ... however its hard to judge that situation on video .....
muaz

larkin;31366 wrote:Hi Strawb

I believe this is applicable in this situation, right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stemgTPRXRo

The fortuner was really struggling with the pull
no way, it's not applicable with backward situation.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

muaz;31368 wrote:no way, it's not applicable with backward situation.
His question was in reference to my reply

"Plus if you get stuck on flat ground as what they have in the picture .... a cheaper solution is to deflate down to 10-12psi and engage your 4 wheel drive to 4L and reverse out of the situation"

Or in that case in the video .... maybe you need to deflate more .... say down to 8 psi, lift your handbreak so as it may function as your deflock and slowly roll the car front and back until you get enough space to get out .....

as i said .... with more practice situations in the video can be outgrown as you mature as an offroader
Adel
Club Member
Club Member

strawb;31369 wrote:His question was in reference to my reply

"Plus if you get stuck on flat ground as what they have in the picture .... a cheaper solution is to deflate down to 10-12psi and engage your 4 wheel drive to 4L and reverse out of the situation"

Or in that case in the video .... maybe you need to deflate more .... say down to 8 psi, lift your handbreak so as it may function as your deflock and slowly roll the car front and back until you get enough space to get out .....

as i said .... with more practice situations in the video can be outgrown as you mature as an offroader
as per the sand track specs, its not applicable to be at the inner side of the wheels with the chassis interference.