Recovery Sand Tracks

larkin
Club Member
Club Member

Hi All

How useful are Recovery Sand Tracks in the Desert ? Has anyone used them with good effect ?

I was at Ace and had seen this one by bushrangers for Dh 378 for a single track which included the Tri Folding Shovel.

http://www.bushranger.com.au/sandtrack.php#.UqYI5oZmiVY

Tks
Larkin
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Larkin

I'll answer you from my point of view regarding this solution.

1. If you follow the link you will see it on FLAT GROUND ... we don't drive in flat grounds.
2. You might need it if you are driving alone but usually offroaders drive with TWO cars or above so rescue will be around and you don't need this track , YOU NEED A ROPE.
3. In the old days, we tried all the commercial stuff for offroading and we discovered that your skills are the key factor "THEY JUST WANT TO SALE".

From the above I would say don't wast your money and it is useless

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

alshamsi_m;31142 wrote:Dear Larkin

I'll answer you from my point of view regarding this solution.

1. If you follow the link you will see it on FLAT GROUND ... we don't drive in flat grounds.
2. You might need it if you are driving alone but usually offroaders drive with TWO cars or above so rescue will be around and you don't need this track , YOU NEED A ROPE.
3. In the old days, we tried all the commercial stuff for offroading and we discovered that your skills are the key factor "THEY JUST WANT TO SALE".

From the above I would say don't wast your money and it is useless

Best Regards

Plus if you get stuck on flat ground as what they have in the picture .... a cheaper solution is to deflate down to 10-12psi and engage your 4 wheel drive to 4L and reverse out of the situation

cheers
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Such equipment was developed by Aussies, mainly when they got stuck on the beach as they never heard about deflation. If you would use it on the slope, it would just fly like a cannon ball destroying everything on the way. It's useless for real off-roading.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

larkin;31125 wrote:Hi All

How useful are Recovery Sand Tracks in the Desert ? Has anyone used them with good effect ?

I was at Ace and had seen this one by bushrangers for Dh 378 for a single track which included the Tri Folding Shovel.

http://www.bushranger.com.au/sandtrack.php#.UqYI5oZmiVY

Tks
Larkin
This equipment was developed by Aussies, mainly when they got stuck on the beach, as they never heard about deflation. If you would use it on the slope, it would fly like cannon ball, destroying everything on the way.
From Ace offer is good just the shovel, as it is very handy to settle BBQ fire and hot charcoal.
So the shovel for 378 with free Sand Tracks sounds like quite expensive deal.
Maddie

caprihorse;31166 wrote:This equipment was developed by Aussies, mainly when they got stuck on the beach, as they never heard about deflation. If you would use it on the slope, it would fly like cannon ball, destroying everything on the way.
From Ace offer is good just the shovel, as it is very handy to settle BBQ fire and hot charcoal.
So the shovel for 378 with free Sand Tracks sounds like quite expensive deal.
Almost all Aussie offroad tips/videos on youtube are made on the beach.

Even the ARB snatch strap video was made on a beach.
lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

Get some sand shoes from Blingmytruck. These were specifically designed for the dunes and are shaped to lift your tyres out of a hole. Self-rescue first, assisted rescue second
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

lizzy;31180 wrote:Get some sand shoes from Blingmytruck. These were specifically designed for the dunes and are shaped to lift your tyres out of a hole. Self-rescue first, assisted rescue second

can you provide some pictures please
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
muaz

alshamsi_m;31181 wrote:can you provide some pictures please
http://www.blingmytruck.com/products/58 ... pment.aspx

if am not mistaken
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

muaz;31182 wrote:http://www.blingmytruck.com/products/58 ... pment.aspx

if am not mistaken
Seems correct as I too reached at the same page. Again, it can only help on flat grounds.