About suspensions

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

In this video you can see how suspension are ... NOT working properly.
The car is jumping like a kangaroo, completely out of driver's control, loosing traction and speed.
In certain situations due to the factors mentioned above you can lose the momentum and.......you can imagine the rest.....
As already mentioned, suspensions are one of the most (if not THE MOST) important element on which to invest.
If your car is out of control and if you don't have traction, a very simple exercise can be difficult and dangerous.
It is useless to have a lot of HP if you cannot put them to the ground.

[video=youtube;HmLY0M2Zj7M][/video]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yoghybear;27399 wrote:In this video you can see how suspension are ... NOT working properly.
The car is jumping like a kangaroo, completely out of driver's control, loosing traction and speed.
In certain situations due to the factors mentioned above you can lose the momentum and.......you can imagine the rest.....
As already mentioned, suspensions are one of the most (if not THE MOST) important element on which to invest.
If your car is out of control and if you don't have traction, a very simple exercise can be difficult and dangerous.
It is useless to have a lot of HP if you cannot put them to the ground.
I saw it in action and I thought Refad must be using helmet. I think, as there are many options for Jeep to install shocks, this is an example for choosing the wrong ones...
Maddie

Chief, is he using softer Springs? Or are his shocks soft? There seems to be a lot of vertical play and not enough support from the shocks. I am sure that there's someway to play around the 4000 Aed lift kits...
Maddie

I've seen many Safari guys putting yellow springs from Sanayia with Malaysian Shocks, even most local guys do it. And it seems to be fine for them , they almost go 3 inch high
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Maddie;27404 wrote:I've seen many Safari guys putting yellow springs from Sanayia with Malaysian Shocks, even most local guys do it. And it seems to be fine for them , they almost go 3 inch high
Hi Maddie

Locals doesn't mean offroaders ... I'm a local and I can tell you that not all of us have the know how of off-roading ... Most of the guys just go for the look or just to challenge a single dune but if they drive 500 meter they will get stuck.

In this forum we are discussing mods or issues from offroaders point of view

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yoghybear;27399 wrote: The car is jumping like a kangaroo
Love the description
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

I full agree with Bu Salem, this is not question of Safari guys, locals or expats, 2" or 3" or 10" high, 4K AED or 25K AED, scope of my thread is pure technical in order to show how suspension can work (or not work, depending on the point of view) and the difficulties the driver can face riding a car or a kangaroo and the relevant consequences.
Climbing this dune, the issues the driver is facing are mainly loss of traction and consequently loss of speed, but due to the configuration of that dune he is able to manage the situation without big trouble, in other dunes, like for instance Iftar Bowl, it can result in a disaster.
Said that, is not the configuration of the car that makes the driver an offroader, is the configuration of the driver that makes a car an offroad tool
Maddie

@AbuSalem - you are absolutely right but when I say locals, I mean most local off-roaders other than Ajanib, not UAE Citizens.
@Yoghybear - Thank you very much for the video but to non experienced newbies like me or many intermediates even, the video only shows a Rig which is bouncing and climbing and many of us WILL NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BY LOOKING AT IT.

@Chief
@Yoghybear
@AbuSalem
Pointing us to get the right suspension (on our own) is like throwing us into the laps of hungry and greedy Offroad shops, who will sell us anything.
Now, someone will say GO TO ALMOST4X4 workshop. And I will again say NO !! Please explain to us what we need for offroading with Almost4x4 or on our own and why we need it.
We read these forums and ask advice because we want to know what is right in modifying and what is wrong.

What kind of combination FOR EXAMPLE semi hard springs with heavy shocks with uplift (pushes down the axle to provide ample contact with track) and longer arms, just to name an example.

Understanding instead of blind following I say.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Maddie ....... as you may have noticed in the forums ....... marshals have never encouraged lift kits for club members and newbies as these are expensive mistakes if you purchase the wrong ones ......

what is essential is that you learn and understand how your car reacts in different offroad scenarios as they are presented in the newbie drives so that you can slowly understand your requirements for your car and as an offroader ........

what works for me might not work for you ......

only you can say and feel if your car is reacting the way you want it to react ......

build it up from there and eventually you can make the right purchase in the near future

please do click on the lnk to help you modify your car in the right direction without overspending on things you can do without

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ad-vehicle

cheers
Mubz

Yoghybear;27399 wrote:In this video you can see how suspension are ... NOT working properly.

very Well spotted Yogybear and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I am looking at it from a different angel as a newbie.

In one of the trip in my pathfinder (2009), I faced similar issue not this bad but I could feel my car jumping (like a rabbit maybe not like a kangaroo ) My SUV is 100% stock nothing modified or invested to make it an off-road SUV, I ignored it believing this was my driving style and I was doing something wrong,

Can you please comment if driver can play some role which can lead to this situation ? or is it purely due to suspension ?