My Suspension and what I think of it

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Abu Jimmy,

excellent article and my heart and soul is modified with a huge agreement to all and everything you wrote.

Thank you very much on behalf of all innocent, modification hungry, Newbies and Club Members.
Darshan

[quote=Abu Jimmy;24790]

4- Final conclusion :

After spending tens of thousands of dirhams and hundreds of hours in workshops , my only advise is , if you want to invest in your off road vehicle , go and buy a decent suspension system that can efficiently copy the terrain , and you will save your self the above suffering .

( My 2 fils )
[/quote]

Spot on brother!!! Suspension and skid plates in my opinion.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

abu jimmy you forgot the hi lft jack modification and decoration?

:011:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

I think this topic is getting repeated much too often on the forum, I am sure we can use our time and effort to answer other questions.

Most of our opinions have already been expressed on this topic. let's open threads on multiple topics, rather than multiple threads on one topic. This will help our website.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=strawb;24803]abu jimmy you forgot the hi lft jack modification and decoration?

:011:[/quote]

Waiting to see it mounted on your roof rack , surely it will look nice ...:008:
What goes around , comes around .
Mosalf

[quote=Darshan;24760]I'll let someone else help you with this. I don't want to get into trouble :011:

By the way your signature is interesting but you can make an omelet without breaking eggs (almost) http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2010/ma ... eggshells/ :038:[/quote]

Lol nice!

“Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.”
― Sigmund Freud
Mubz

[quote=Abu Jimmy;24790]Well , this is a very interesting subject which i would really like to share with you my little experience i gained through the last years about modifications .

Its an endless process , more like running in a closed circle forever .

It will all start with a small and cost-less modification ( usually an accessory or a useless performance mod. ) and then the gates of hell will open wide , starting with tens of hundreds and never ending even after tens of thousands .

1- Clearance , approach and departure angles :

Damaging the front pumper frequently ? after doing your research you will find that in order to enhance the above you have to lift your vehicle . by doing so , you are increasing the center of gravity which will weaken the vehicle stability and emphasize roll over probability . to compensate this risk you will find your self going straight ahead to point #2 .

2- Smaller rims , bigger and wider tyres :

Wider tyres and wheel spacers will compensate the height , this is the answer to lifting risk . research again and find the biggest tyres that will fit , install them and find out a new problem , my new big tyres are rubbing the wheel well and damaging the wheel fenders . radical solutions for this problem are very costly ( more lifting again ? or smaller tyres and more risk ? ) . NO , lets go for another modification , this time we will go for metal . trim the wheel well , cut the fender arch and fix bigger and larger fender flares . the problem solved and the tyres now are not rubbing any where , thats perfect , lets take the vehicle for a spin in the desert . trying to concur a big dune , opps i cant make it , i lost power and i don't have enough torque . trying to solve this will lead to point #3 .

3- Performance modifications :

Do research again and you will pay a fortune for endless performance mods which are by the way very costly ( re-gearing ring & pinion , cold air intake systems , exhaust cat backs , sprint boosting systems ...etc ) and you will do this just to recover the lost power occurred due to lifting and big tyres .

4- Final conclusion :

After spending tens of thousands of dirhams and hundreds of hours in workshops , my only advise is , if you want to invest in your off road vehicle , go and buy a decent suspension system that can efficiently copy the terrain , and you will save your self the above suffering .

( My 2 fils )
[/quote]

Your 2 Fills :adjoint:

:like:
samjed46

[quote=Abu Jimmy;24790]Well , this is a very interesting subject which i would really like to share with you my little experience i gained through the last years about modifications .

Its an endless process , more like running in a closed circle forever .

It will all start with a small and cost-less modification ( usually an accessory or a useless performance mod. ) and then the gates of hell will open wide , starting with tens of hundreds and never ending even after tens of thousands .

1- Clearance , approach and departure angles :

Damaging the front pumper frequently ? after doing your research you will find that in order to enhance the above you have to lift your vehicle . by doing so , you are increasing the center of gravity which will weaken the vehicle stability and emphasize roll over probability . to compensate this risk you will find your self going straight ahead to point #2 .

2- Smaller rims , bigger and wider tyres :

Wider tyres and wheel spacers will compensate the height , this is the answer to lifting risk . research again and find the biggest tyres that will fit , install them and find out a new problem , my new big tyres are rubbing the wheel well and damaging the wheel fenders . radical solutions for this problem are very costly ( more lifting again ? or smaller tyres and more risk ? ) . NO , lets go for another modification , this time we will go for metal . trim the wheel well , cut the fender arch and fix bigger and larger fender flares . the problem solved and the tyres now are not rubbing any where , thats perfect , lets take the vehicle for a spin in the desert . trying to concur a big dune , opps i cant make it , i lost power and i don't have enough torque . trying to solve this will lead to point #3 .

3- Performance modifications :

Do research again and you will pay a fortune for endless performance mods which are by the way very costly ( re-gearing ring & pinion , cold air intake systems , exhaust cat backs , sprint boosting systems ...etc ) and you will do this just to recover the lost power occurred due to lifting and big tyres .

4- Final conclusion :

( My 2 fils )
[/quote]

Excellent explanation from one of the best expereinced offroader, hope this will clear the myth of most of the offroaders about modifications. thanks for sharing your knowledge to us and hope we can spread this to others too.