Basic Equipment

Maddie

Good evening everyone

I went to Sharjah BMW road yesterday to bu some tools to work on my rig. Found an amazing place right off the Sedana Signal who deal in hardware.
Rated tow straps, highlift jacks, two ton three ton ten ton jacks, ten ton bottle Jack made in Spain, german tools, you name it they got it. And the best thing is WHOLESALE PRICES.

I'll post their contact numbers and once I can find the card
Maddie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1335[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1336[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1337[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1338[/ATTACH]
Maddie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1335[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1336[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1337[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1338[/ATTACH]
Humanfaith

Thanks for the efforts and sharing.

Also please check the the threads about the tow straps as i believe these are not rated.
Maddie

The two strap is rated to break at 24 tonnes with a length of 4 metres and cost me 60 dirhams. The two tonne jack is 80 dirhams. The hi lift jacks range from 250 to 280 dirhams, depending on lift height. The Spanish Bottle jack is for 220 while the chinese ones are below 80 I think. The jerrycan is 55 dirhams. Saw a lot of shovels too. The guy said he has chinese double piston compressors too.

The warehouse is as follows

BMW road, dubai to sharjah. ... Cross sedana signal, first alley on your right, look for mr. Madhu..

I am on Whatsapp too..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24558 wrote:The two strap is rated to break at 24 tonnes with a length of 4 metres and cost me 60 dirhams. The two tonne jack is 80 dirhams. The hi lift jacks range from 250 to 280 dirhams, depending on lift height. The Spanish Bottle jack is for 220 while the chinese ones are below 80 I think. The jerrycan is 55 dirhams. Saw a lot of shovels too. The guy said he has chinese double piston compressors too.

The warehouse is as follows

BMW road, dubai to sharjah. ... Cross sedana signal, first alley on your right, look for mr. Madhu..

I am on Whatsapp too..
If you use those straps, you'll damage you car high probably... They're for lifting, not for pulling. In desert we are using only Viking Kinetic ropes, made from nylon fibers.
Maddie

Chief Marshal, could you please tell me whats the difference between a tow rope and tow strap?
All offroad shops sell tow straps.
I have read that snatching a car puts immense stress on both cars.
Does it mean that with kinetic rope, you just stretch the rope and then it pulls the truck out?
The strap that I bought can be used to pull over ten tonnes and is rated to break at 24 tonnes. Thats 18 times the wieght of my rig.
I am sorry to ask so many questions but I aim to learn from you.
Please do explain what kind of damage it may do to my vehicle?
Even ARB makes straps as I saw on Youtube.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24560 wrote:Chief Marshal, could you please tell me whats the difference between a tow rope and tow strap?
All offroad shops sell tow straps.
I have read that snatching a car puts immense stress on both cars.
Does it mean that with kinetic rope, you just stretch the rope and then it pulls the truck out?
The strap that I bought can be used to pull over ten tonnes and is rated to break at 24 tonnes. Thats 18 times the wieght of my rig.
I am sorry to ask so many questions but I aim to learn from you.
Please do explain what kind of damage it may do to my vehicle?
Even ARB makes straps as I saw on Youtube.
Is it so difficult to search our Forum? When you enter a keyword "viking kinetic' in a search field top right, you'll get results for ever subject you dreamed about, e.g. - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ng+kinetic
Read carefully through and you'll get the answers.

In general, snatch rope is not pulling the car, but ripping the parts of it, mainly towing points, parts of chassis and everything which is fixed to chassis, like engine or gear box... Let me explain you carefully; your 24T rope will not break, but parts of your car will break for sure; those parts will act like an electrical fuse, they'll fly away, like a canon ball.

There are plenty of videos on our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/almost4x4, to see Viking in action, just one of them, which was viewed million of times as an example - http://youtu.be/4FuE9_XauAc. With standard snatch rope in such a situation, both cars would be damaged...

If you still don't believe, ask again.

[video=youtube_share;4FuE9_XauAc][/video]