Necessary Equipment?

Maddie

Hope all Almosters had a safe weekend.
Popped in Ramy4X4 today,
Got myself an Accucheck Deflator Gauge for 95 dirhams and Dshackles. At 25 dirhams a peice, the chap said they are rated to 3tons but nothing wriitten on em. There were bow shackles too.

Also got a tire pin remover with a magnetic tip for 12 dirhams from AutoPlus behind Al qabayel opposite Hamarain and saw a jerrycan mount for a 100 dirhams and a green metal jerry can around 110 Dirhams. The type you can mount behind the front whell on a TJ, the Guy says they supply to ACE hardware. Ill check there first.

Also, saw an Aluminium telescopic shovel for 49 dirhams at carrefour Century Mall, you can wiretie it to the TJ rollcage.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24248 wrote:Hope all Almosters had a safe weekend.
Popped in Ramy4X4 today,
Got myself an Accucheck Deflator Gauge for 95 dirhams and Dshackles. At 25 dirhams a peice, the chap said they are rated to 3tons but nothing wriitten on em. There were bow shackles too.

Also got a tire pin remover with a magnetic tip for 12 dirhams from AutoPlus behind Al qabayel opposite Hamarain and saw a jerrycan mount for a 100 dirhams and a green metal jerry can around 110 Dirhams. The type you can mount behind the front whell on a TJ, the Guy says they supply to ACE hardware. Ill check there first.

Also, saw an Aluminium telescopic shovel for 49 dirhams at carrefour Century Mall, you can wiretie it to the TJ rollcage.
If there is nothing written on shackle, it is not rated, except it is made from SS316.
Maddie

caprihorse;24254 wrote:If there is nothing written on shackle, it is not rated, except it is made from SS316.
Chief, they say they've yet to hear it ever cracked or broke. You mean i should change them to Bow shackles or is it ok? I bought it from RAMY 4X4 and they wont sell unsafe products or weak, would they?

Please advise
Bulldozer
Intermediate
Intermediate

As the Chief said the rating will be on the shackle unless its stainless steel ones, its priced around 45-55 aed, for TJ you need the spare tyre carrier with the jerrycan, why you need the jerry can unless you are going for very long trips in Liwa, still you can use the plastic ones in ACE its lighter weight and safe.
Maddie

Thanks Bulldozer, I make a yearly trip to Mecca for Umra Alhamdulillah and with a 300 km range on the TJ, Id better put on a Jerrican holder and steel can. Also, space is at a premium in the jeep. ..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24264 wrote:Chief, they say they've yet to hear it ever cracked or broke. You mean i should change them to Bow shackles or is it ok? I bought it from RAMY 4X4 and they wont sell unsafe products or weak, would they?

Please advise
They should ask me how many broken unrated equipment I saw in a desert, before they sold you unrated equipment... Those guys can sell everything what comes into their hands like anybody else in this country.
I earlier worked on O&G project and we were using lots of lifting equipment like shackles and ropes. For any single piece we needed to provide a certified document issued by inspection body about testing the samples we issued. The customer didn't ask us, where we got it, but was asking for paperwork.
You can ask Ramy, if they have such a certificate, as shackles belong to the lifting equipment category...
Maddie

Thanks for enlightening Chief. I shall take the shackles back to Ramy tomorrow and change the same to Rated Bow Shackles.
I know the season is almost over and I may not any Newbie drive soon :( but I will try and be ready for next season IN SHA ALLAH.

I HOPE THE COOL season continues so that we freshers can get a chance :)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24291 wrote:Thanks for enlightening Chief. I shall take the shackles back to Ramy tomorrow and change the same to Rated Bow Shackles.
I know the season is almost over and I may not any Newbie drive soon :( but I will try and be ready for next season IN SHA ALLAH.

I wish you all the best.

Don't worry about the season end, our season is permanent, as we are driving every Friday, 52 times a year.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;24291 wrote:Thanks for enlightening Chief. I shall take the shackles back to Ramy tomorrow and change the same to Rated Bow Shackles.

we drive all year round

52 weeks a year ............... 2-3 times a weekend

as abu salem has advised ......... practice in summer and enjoy in winter
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

caprihorse;24327 wrote:I wish you all the best.

Don't worry about the season end, our season is permanent, as we are driving every Friday, 52 times a year.

I miss summer virgin dunes already + free weekly sauna :013: