Modifications vs. Experience

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

funindubai;23650 wrote:Nice thread, my learning over the years is to first treat the desert and fellow drivers with RESPECT! Respect to me means approaching every situation with a degree of humility and caution. This does not mean we need to feather ourselves in the sand. We can really aggressive with our vehicles but must understand the limits of ourselves first, of our surroundings (including other drivers).

When we approach driving with this mindset, we can slowly start to explore the full potential of our vehicles (standard or modified)...

I'm sorry to have missed this event, would have loved to participate
I'm pretty sure, you'll (and many others) be one day on TOS, there is no doubt :008:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;23655 wrote:Interesting chart. Whats the definition of suffering and how does one suffer.

Also under the FJ mods vinyl...what is this ? is it a go fastthing ?

So I am guessing Wrangler with huge tires is a big no no !
Vinyl means = to change your vehicle colour, applying black vinyl sheet, to be better recognized on the white sand background
Mubz

caprihorse;23661 wrote:I'm pretty sure, you'll (and many others) be one day on TOS, there is no doubt :008:
Looking forward to it :)
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

miles2smiles;23632 wrote:interested in knowing the definition of

Stucks ( situation where you were pulled by someone ?)

Suffering ? no clue.

as I am wondering what happened to FJ it had to suffer 5 times :)
You are right about " stuck " definition , although you may get stuck and do a " self recovery " using the skills you gain over practice to get your vehicle out of this situation with out getting pulled by another car .

" suffering " means making extra rounds trying to climb or overcome a certain obstacle , as you didn't succeed to do from the first time .

There is nothing wrong with getting stuck or suffering as even experts do them , and always remember " DONT FIGHT GRAVITY " , better suffering than sorry .
What goes around , comes around .
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

i remember my "SUFFERING" days .... thinking that if only i had more horsepower, a more rigid suspension, if i had superchip, etc etc etc ...... that i would make that vertical climb in one try without "SUFFERING" ......

i learned one very important thing..... listen to the more experienced drivers and they will be a wealth of knowledge .... be humble and always be ready to learn

not that i dont suffer now .... but rarely do i get into that situation nowadays because of a few simple things

i learned how to drive my car, i learned to understand its capabilities, i learned how to feel the sand thru my throttle acceleration and ive learned to read the dunes

the car will always have its advantage when modified ....... but modified in the way the driver wants the car to be driven so he can maximize its potential .....

my two fils worth

cheers
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

caprihorse;23657 wrote:These 300+ must be somehow proven, right?
The stock 2012 JEEP Wrangler is equipped with new " penta star " engine producing 286 HP . The smallest supercharger for this engine ( released by RIPP TECH ) gives extra 30 to 50 HP , You do the calculation .
bu-hamdan
Advance
Advance

Abu Jimmy;23671 wrote:The stock 2012 JEEP Wrangler is equipped with new " penta star " engine producing 286 HP . The smallest supercharger for this engine ( released by RIPP TECH ) gives extra 30 to 50 HP , You do the calculation .

was the superchager for 3.6 pentastar RELEASED?:056:

when ?
where?
& how much?

BTW........
the car which was in the test is not pentastar & HP of it is nearly 300 not more than that.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

as most of us remember ........... "MINI ME CHALLENGE"

i would say experience has a bit more of weight than modifications ...... however if you combine them both then what do you have????

Abu Salem with Transformer!!!!!!!!!
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Abu Jimmy;23677 wrote:Here you go ,

http://www.rippmods.com/ProductDetails. ... 213JK36SDS

$6000 dollars??????????????

wowoweeeee