Tires opinion needed!

FSL

AvioEngineer;22900 wrote:Thanks for the info faisal, comment is much appreciated. Still on search for the tires here. Yokohama ATS, Cooper HT and ATR are the choices and yea the deduction of rim size will make a big difference for offroad use! :045:
Your tires are over due now :015:
Go for Cooper AT3, 16" is fine. Lets say 285/75-16 (if it fits without rubbing/touching).

Thinking too much will eventually confuse you more :005:
a78anwar

strawb;23021 wrote:i used to run these exact tires about a year back

http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/dunegrappler

they were great and had very cool side wall designs.... much appreciated when you see your tire tracks in the sand

unfortunately ...... i had to change all of them as i had THREE (3) flat tires in one drive in the desert!!!!! That is 3 different tires ..... not one tire having 3 flats

I believe that bad luck is a current record of flat tires in the almost4x4 record books!

changed to BFG's and never looked back!!!!
Hey Strawb

Where do you buy your BFGs from?
Thanks
Iqsaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Any suggestions on where to buy Cooper tyres ?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

a78anwar;23803 wrote:Hey Strawb

Where do you buy your BFGs from?
Thanks
Iqsaan;23804 wrote:Any suggestions on where to buy Cooper tyres ?
BMW road in Sharjah

a few shops there like JUBA and Formula have very competitive prices. Just double check the manufacturing dates so you know what your getting
AvioEngineer

So we considered all the options you guys offered. Thanks for the help! Ended up today with

Yokohama Geolander At-S 275 , 70 , 16

Went for 16" rims and feels good about it. Will try use it on the weekends and gives some reviews.
For now, no noise difference from Michelin Latitude 270 , 65 , 17

Btw, to those who are planning to buy try '_____ Al Emarat' they give a fair price for tires and rims. This are the third set of tires we've purchased in this shop. It has an Almost 4x4 sticker out front. Hope this helps, ask for a discount it may drop a few hundred dirhams. Located at the BMW road, right after the underpass coming from Sahara Center. :048:
AvioEngineer

So we considered all the options you guys offered. Thanks for the help! Ended up today with

Yokohama Geolander At-S 275 , 70 , 16

Went for 16" rims and feels good about it. Will try use it on the weekends and gives some reviews.
For now, no noise difference from Michelin Latitude 270 , 65 , 17

Btw, to those who are planning to buy try 'Ardh Al Emarat' they give a fair price for tires and rims. This are the third set of tires we've purchased in this shop. It has an Almost 4x4 sticker out front. Hope this helps, ask for a discount it may drop a few hundred dirhams. Located at the BMW road, right after the underpass coming from Sahara Center. :048:
AvioEngineer

Went offroad over the weekend, didn't had enough time to head in the inner most area of al badayer. Tried a few uphill climb and its pretty good. Gets a good traction/grip/motion along the sand whether it is flat or while going uphill. In my case these All terrain tires didn't dig at that moment, no reviews yet on softsoft sands. From my point of view, i recommend these tires for Nissan patrol (VTC) owners. I cannot recommend to other specific cars due to difference in weight, engine, and capabilities of it. :060:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1317[/ATTACH] Picture attached.
Maddie

AvioEngineer;24433 wrote:Went offroad over the weekend, didn't had enough time to head in the inner most area of al badayer. Tried a few uphill climb and its pretty good. Gets a good traction/grip/motion along the sand whether it is flat or while going uphill. In my case these All terrain tires didn't dig at that moment, no reviews yet on softsoft sands. From my point of view, i recommend these tires for Nissan patrol (VTC) owners. I cannot recommend to other specific cars due to difference in weight, engine, and capabilities of it. :060:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1317[/ATTACH] Picture attached.
Thanks for the info, could you please tell us how much you paid for the set of tires?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

AvioEngineer;24433 wrote:Went offroad over the weekend, ...
From where you got the other sticker? Just a matter of curiosity :032:
AvioEngineer

MaddieTJ;24454 wrote:Thanks for the info, could you please tell us how much you paid for the set of tires?
Got set of four yokohamas for 2100 Dhs.