How I keep track of my Trips with Almost 4x4

Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Since it has been mandatory to mention the number of trips at the time of registration for a new trip, several methods of finding out how many trips were put forth. They basically involve searching through trip posts, and counting the trips.

Here is another way, which involves a lot of work initially, but would then take very little to maintain, and takes advantage of something called "user notes" in my profile.

I have made a table of all the trips I attended, with the date and the level of the trip and added it as a user note. Whenever I come back from a trip, I simply add a row at the buttom and add the details to the list.

This is now my personal trip log, which I don't have to save anywhere else.

You can take a look at my trip log by clicking this link http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/usernote.ph ... ser&u=1738 or if you can't (most people shouldn't, since this is private area) I have added a screen print below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1046[/ATTACH]

To access the user notes, simply go to your profile.
1- Click on [My Profile] link at the top right corner of the page, next to Log Out and Settings
2-User Notes is the third link under your Avatar picture..
3- Post a New User note and there you go..

I hope this is useful.....
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great idea DL!

But I cannot see your log, and it's very possible that noone else can either. Could you please (as Moderator if not as User) check the privacy settings or take and post a screenshot? Thanks.

The message I get is:
"Melfi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
[RIGHT]Log Out Home"[/RIGHT]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Melfi;17351 wrote:Great idea DL!

But I cannot see your log, and it's very possible that noone else can either. Could you please (as Moderator if not as User) check the privacy settings or take and post a screenshot? Thanks.

The message I get is:
"Melfi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
User notes are intended for user only, I believe, so it's correct that they are kept as private notes. Maybe only Admin or Marshals can see it.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Melfi;17351 wrote:Great idea DL!

The message I get is:

I can see it clearly ...
What goes around , comes around .
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have amended the original post and included a screen capture of my user note for those who can't view my notes.
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, I can still not see the direct link (as indicated now by you and Caprihorse) but the screenshot is perfect!

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Desert Lizard;17358 wrote:I have amended the original post and included a screen capture of my user note for those who can't view my notes.
We cannot see anything similar to amended image, did you forget it to attach?
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

No he didn't. The screenshot is there, on the original post at the top... I can see it. :-)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Melfi;17362 wrote:No he didn't. The screenshot is there, on the original post at the top... I can see it. :-)
I can see it as well, as it is placed as image in DLs original post, I was referring to the link...