Pajero problem with ASC auto slip control

Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Change ur car even u love it :))
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

that is basically the traction control doing what its suppose to do which is to control traction ...... the ASC is "AUTO STABILITY CONTROL" .....

you have to get an overwrite switch to turn off the Traction control, ABS and ASC all together so you can get rid of this issue ......... the swith also voids your warranty

my 2 fils
Bu Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

I think it's a common problem for Pajero's, I had a 2007 SWB PAJERO with same issue and I didn't have an OFF SWITCH for the ASC so I used to disconnect the whole ABS system from it's plug behind the right front tire bumper, but not sure if it's possible with the 2011 models,
ASC will automatically disconnect when gear is on 4L.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

How do you know, which pressure do you have in your tyres, measured with what? If it is just Carrefour stick, it is just indicating that you have some pressure there. Try to read more here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... sure-Gauge
For your car the pressure should be around 12psi...
Magnum
Club Member
Club Member

You can get a disconnect switch installed by the agency. I did that and it was approved for warranty purposes. Having said that, when you get used to the TC in sand you will love it. I drove it for a year and half and although I had the switch installed, I rarely used it and it was just for sand splashing friends.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't know what engine you have on your car, 3.5 or 3.8, SWB or LWB and whether you have Diff-lock or not.. so kindly specify more details about it. I also have a 3.8 2009 LWB pajero and took it off-road a couple of times only. My official off-roader is a no-computer-assisstant-only-you-and-car-against-sand (quoting Bu Adam) Jeep Cherokee

Essentially there is no problem with the Pajero.. it is simply wasn't intended for anything more than beach sand driving. The advanced Traction control, ABS andActive Stability Control are safety mechanism that help avoid loosing control when driving on paved surfaces. However, in the sand they work against you, until you master the car.. but still. Also if your car is not modified in any way, you will have a problem with both the front and back bumpers.. but in a couple of drives the sand dunes will knock them out for you so don't waste your money :011:. But seriously if you really want to drive the Pajero in the sand.. get it armored and probably lifted an inch or two and get the ASC disconnect switch. I knwo a couple of people who drive pajeros in the sand but those aren't your avergae off-roaders.. crazy isn't enough to describe them and their cars do suffer..

Your best bet would be to go on 4LLC, that's low gear or low range.. everything will be disabled then, even with cars that don't have an ASC switch, and if you have diff-lock, switch it on.. Once your out of the stuck, diff-lock must go off again. and in 4LLC you should not really press the pedal, as that puts too much strain on the engine.. Driving on low gear is an art mastered by few..

As for tyre pressure.. you need to realize that we deflate tyres to INCREASE the SURFACE AREA that comes in contact with the sand, and the more you deflate, the more the surface area you get. However, and this is very technical and vague to most beginners: the relationship between tyre pressure and surface area is NOT proportional. It is a an inverse relationship (lower pressure = higher surface area) and every PSI you go down does not give you the same increase in surface area, that's why you won't really gain much surface area by deflating to 19 or even 16 psi down from say 32! At least not enough for sand driving.

The relationship can be described as "logarithmic" the extra PSI give you more and more surface are as you deflate (of course the maximum surface area is useless since your tyre will be complete flat and useless). That is why Caprihorse's advise to go down to 12.. the difference between 16 PSI surface area and 12 PSI surface area is much bigger than 20 PSI to 16 PSI..

The Pajero will serve you well until you get to Intermediate, provided you understand how the car works, all the options available to you, and the right tyre pressure. All of this is a subset of your skills as an off-roader. It is up to you to tune your instrument before you play my friend.

Good luck and see on the sand
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mohammed_shariefs... What's your point? How we can help you?