ARB Air Locker

admin

[CENTER][video=youtube;3IqHiHnd7jM][/video][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Automotive differentials are a unique benefit to 4×4 vehicles in terms of traction in driving situations. In general, a differential resides in the axles of vehicle wheels to distribute an equal rotational motion to all the wheels when turning and traveling forward amidst uneven road conditions. Unlocked or open differentials allow wheels to rotate at different speeds while making a turn. Locked differentials work by locking the two front or back tires and causing them to rotate at the same speeds, regardless of the existing traction.
Air lockers work the same way, using compressed air to actuate a differential, which then completely locks a set of tires to force them into a equal rotational velocity. All other times, the air locker will act as an open differential (for turns and elevations in the terrain) for a maximum amount of control in any given driving condition. Off-road situations certainly present more of an opportunity to get use out of air lockers. Having to negotiate over muddy/snowy/sandy terrain gives lockers a key role in maintaining momentum and traction for both sides of the vehicle—an important task when avoiding hazards that could require costly or dangerous off-road recovery efforts.
Although air lockers gives the driver the ability to lock or leave open differentials, it’s important to know when to utilize this feature. The default option should always be to keep differentials unlocked—especially when driving on dry pavement as the ability to steer will easily be compromised when locked. Snowy or icy roads present an opportunity to lock differentials to prevent wheelspin (especially when braking or taking off). Likewise, uneven surfaces give drivers the necessity to control tire rotation with locked differentials. As a rule of thumb, you can lock the differentials at any speed, provided your RPM falls on or below the 1000/1500 mark (for manuals/automatics).
Locked differentials give 4×4 drivers a ‘true’ 4WD experience. Giving ultimate traction to a 4×4’s wheels, any off-road terrain that compromises traction enough to distribute 100% torque to one wheel can make the car move as long as the differentials are locked. This helps keep drivers going even in the roughest driving areas by simply knowing how to utilize their air lockers effectively. Of course, practice makes perfect, and the ‘on/off’ nature of air lockers will mostly benefit educated 4×4 drivers that realize the brief windows of opportunity to lock/unlock the differentials to avoid ending up in an off-road recovery situation.[/CENTER]
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Heritrix [Crawler]
Bots
Bots

Thanks AlKhAtIb

vere nice :)

FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

cooooooooooooooool
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

FALCON;484 wrote:cooooooooooooooool

Hello Falcon

We have to check if they have for Cherokee 2xxx model

Regards
;)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
FALCON
Golden Member
Golden Member

[CENTER]hahahahaha i do not need it nothing can stop the FALCON[/CENTER]
mohannad
Advance
Advance

verrry nice ,thx
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

FALCON;489 wrote:[CENTER]hahahahaha i do not need it nothing can stop the FALCON[/CENTER]
:045::045::045::045: Agree!!! ......But FALCON i'm sure something has stopped you as i don't see you in sand anymore... :022:
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Thats pretty cool. Would you considerit for the offroading we have here ?
Gorgin4325

Big Red;13943 wrote:Thats pretty cool. Would you considerit for the offroading we have here ?
Hi Ben,

Our FJs are equipped with rear lockers. I use mine all the time for self recovery.

Have you ever tried it?