Walkie Talkie

Post Reply
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:01 am

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 am

alshamsi_m;23923 wrote:
Wasif Ahmed;21869 wrote:Waiting for Bu Salem to put together a group buy on Radios next !
Each person is buying at his own responsibility, radios are used by Offroaders is considered illegal because it should be through TRA, On ther hand no serious actions taken against any one got caught using it in the desert , it got confiscated only " don't take my wards for granted ".

That is why we can't make group order as club
In that case why not identify a few models / makes that are tried and tested and work well. Then post thier prices and where exactly they can be purchased so the members can get the right ones the first time around.
FSL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:19 am

Wasif Ahmed;23944 wrote:In that case why not identify a few models / makes that are tried and tested and work well. Then post their prices and where exactly they can be purchased so the members can get the right ones the first time around.
Prices change all the time and depends on the negotiation skills of the buyer.
The shops and models are mentioned already in this thread and also in this one here http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... -Radio-%29
User avatar
caprihorse
Crew
Crew
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:01 pm

FSL;23946 wrote:Prices change all the time and depends on the negotiation skills of the buyer.
The shops and models are mentioned already in this thread and also in this one here http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... -Radio-%29
... and here - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ght=kangda
Maddie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:27 pm

alshamsi_m;1356 wrote:Hello Shafiq
If you are looking for a radio there are verities of radios , as mentioned above all the clubs are using UHF band not VHF but if you are looking for DUAL band then there are two candidates :

1. Quansheng TG-UV2 (425 Dhs)
2. Kenwood TH-F6A FM Dual bander (445 Dhs)
Both are excellent, I like the second one because the menu is very easy plus it has car charger. On there hand. The Quansheng has a battery which could last for almost 3 days.

The Choice is yours or you can go for Quansheng or Crony UHF only which is for 160 Dhs. And it is quite good too.

Good Luck
Abu Salem, salam Alaikum

I bought a Kenwood Walkie talkie from Miss D

She told me, with my gratitude, that it is not the real one.
What do you think abyt it? Ajjihaaz zain wala?
BTW, I plan In Sha ALlah to use it soon ... :)

Marshal Capri, what do you think? Its with a digital screen and I think dual band?
I forgot to ask miss D
brandonjh4
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 am

Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:54 am

Made a trip to Dragon Mart today and picked up the Quansheng TG-UV2. Got it for 340. Also managed to get a nice fold able shovels from one of the shops across for about 25 DHS. Dragon mart should start selling 4X4s too. ;-) Am working on getting one now. Will be harassing Bu Salem and others for advice on shopping for one.
msnewton
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 am

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:46 am

Hi guys,
This is my first post here after checking the useful information about Talkie Walkies in this forum.
Visited Dragon Mart, Got Crony as it seems it's the most famous spreading well and yes the latest (10W) output power.
I was looking if somebody familiar with Crony TWs can post the setup procedures for this model.
Maybe also other models so such post can be reference for people.
Just suggestion, wish to see true.
Thanks.
msnewton
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 am

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:04 am

alshamsi_m;366 wrote:Dear members

Most of the people notice that when they go to the desert, there is no mobile reception in some areas & you can lose your friends easily if the convoy is big or you drive in an area with big dunes. It become very difficult to communicate with friends so the best solution is to use a walkie talkie.
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is an improved walkie talkie radio system authorized in the United States since 1996. This personal radio service uses channelized frequencies in the ultra high frequency (UHF) band. Initially proposed by Radio Shack in 1994 for use by families, FRS has also seen significant adoption by business interests, as an unlicensed, low-cost alternative to the business band.
UHF is good for Dunes/ Mounting areas . Our club is using UHF channels which are below or a private channel we have but it is still in the UHF range.

Channel ----- Frequency (MHz)

1----------------- 462.5625
2----------------- 462.5875
3----------------- 462.6125
4----------------- 462.6375
5----------------- 462.6625
6----------------- 462.6875
7----------------- 462.7125
8----------------- 467.5625
9----------------- 467.5875
10--------------- 467.6125
11--------------- 467.6375
12--------------- 467.6625
13--------------- 467.6875
14--------------- 467.7125


I wish you all the best and have safe drives
M. Al Shamsi
Thanks Al Shamsi for this list, but wish if you can add the other parameters for each frequency (i.e.: RX QT and DQT, CTCSS, DCS,Narrow or wide). Thanks.
momo
Crew
Crew
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm

On the way back from Oman Muscat private trip, the Dubai Borders police had to check all my car. As I forgot to take out all off-road equipment from my car before heading Oman, radios were at the wrong place at the wrong moment. So I was told that these gadgets are illegal without any documents allowing them. So I had to explain that I am member in the off-road club pointing the www.almost4x4.com sticker on my window. He said ok but do you have any documents ? I said no but I use radios only in desert for our safety. Still not convinced, I had to open the website through my mobile and show him my face picture on the profile picture. "mmmmmm" he said then he allowed me to go back home with my radios saying this is an exception and next time I should leave them home when crossing borders. So please update your profile pictures it could save you :thumbsup:
pradodxb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 am

MOMO;38375 wrote:From the way back from Oman Muscat private trip, the Dubai Borders police had to check all my car. As I forgot to take out all off-road equipment from my car before heading Oman, radios were at the wrong place at the wrong moment. So I was told that these gadgets are illegal without any documents allowing them. So I had to explain that I am member in the off-road club pointing the www.almost4x4.com sticker on my window. He said ok but do you have any documents ? I said no but I use radios only in desert for our safety. Still not convinced, I had to open the website through my mobile and show him my face picture on the profile picture. "mmmmmm" he said then he allowed me to go back home with my radios saying this is an exception and next time I should leave them home when crossing borders. So please update your profile pictures it could save you :thumbsup:
Dear Momo....I guess its going to be selfie time for a few of us!

Thanks for the tip.
cyanide
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14 am

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:31 pm

MOMO;38375 wrote:On the way back from Oman Muscat private trip, the Dubai Borders police had to check all my car. As I forgot to take out all off-road equipment from my car before heading Oman, radios were at the wrong place at the wrong moment. So I was told that these gadgets are illegal without any documents allowing them. So I had to explain that I am member in the off-road club pointing the www.almost4x4.com sticker on my window. He said ok but do you have any documents ? I said no but I use radios only in desert for our safety. Still not convinced, I had to open the website through my mobile and show him my face picture on the profile picture. "mmmmmm" he said then he allowed me to go back home with my radios saying this is an exception and next time I should leave them home when crossing borders. So please update your profile pictures it could save you :thumbsup:

Hmm interesting club name used in this scenario can be good or bad so have to choose wisely, but why leave radio in car its illegal to roam around with that thing in car. Take care guys leave radio at home once done with off-roading better be safe than sorry.:045:
Post Reply
cron