Xterra suspension

Darshan

Clga;11129 wrote:Visited RAMY and MEBAR today. Both recommended front coilovers and a shackle lift for the rear with new shocks. Fortunately a modified Xterra was available for a testdrive. You only notice the lift if you park two cars next to each other, but the modified car is a lot more stable, a bit firmer suspension but no "dancing" rear end and it doesn't bottom out because of the superior shocks. A much better driving experience than the stock Xterra :-)
Do they reccomend only front coil overs or do they reccommend going for the upper arms as well? I guess the upper arms are not needed as you are not lifting the truck too much.
What make are the suspension parts?
Clga

They recommend changing the UCA's as well. UCA from Calmini, shocks and coils from Lowell. 9000 AED incl. fitting. FOX coilovers and rear shocks are 980 US plus shipping (waiting for the qoute) and with those it is possible to set a 1inch lift which doesn't require new UCA's. Probably the solution I am going for.
FSL

Clga

Just a bit of information about my experience or lack of the same. I am 52 years old, been in Dubai for 3 years and began off-roading in my JK 1,5 years ago. In that time I have been in the desert on a weekly basis, unfortunately not as often as I would like with Almost 4x4, as I often work weekends. Luckily friends and colleagues love the desert too. To sum it up, the JK and I did approximately 3000km's in the dunes and completed the Top of the dunes challenge 2012 before selling it. I am a cautiuos type, managed not to roll the Jeep and I am definitely still a Newbie :-). Look forward to seeing you all in the dunes after the summer.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Just a question does your X Trerra have the Off Road package that comes stock from the dealer ? If it does there would be "OFF ROAD" decals on the front doors.

These have a bit of a lift and a far better suspension.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Clga;11160 wrote:They recommend changing the UCA's as well. UCA from Calmini, shocks and coils from Lowell. 9000 AED incl. fitting. FOX coilovers and rear shocks are 980 US plus shipping (waiting for the qoute) and with those it is possible to set a 1inch lift which doesn't require new UCA's. Probably the solution I am going for.
If you are going for extended travel shocks then you need to change UCAs for better articulation otherwise no need to change it for lovells as they are not longer travel shocks, I lifted my FJ 3 inches with lovells and also additional spacer for the lift and still have the stock UCAs.
Darshan

Ciga: I have seen Shibu from Bestline garage fixing a lowells suspension with Calmini UCA about a couple of days back. The owner seemed to be happy with it.

Shibu MAYBE able to give you a better deal.

Talk to him on 055 88 434 38.
Clga

It is the Off-Road model, but it is much to soft for my taste.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Darshan;11178 wrote:Ciga: I have seen Shibu from Bestline garage fixing a lowells suspension with Calmini UCA about a couple of days back. The owner seemed to be happy with it.

Shibu MAYBE able to give you a better deal.

Talk to him on 055 88 434 38.
I know another X-Terra owner, who is absolutely unhappy, with the services of this garage...
Darshan

caprihorse;11200 wrote:I know another X-Terra owner, who is absolutely unhappy, with the services of this garage...
Well, i am in no way affiliated to this garage. But i do trust them (Shibu) with the work on my FJ (I don't trust many people when it comes to my rides) I have never been happier with the attention to detail from these guys especially Shibu. They are kind of busy most of the time so i have had to go back later to get my work done though.

When i installed my suspension at some other place, i had issues at first untill Shibu fixed it for me when i took it to him.

Anyways, thanks for the info Capri.