Xterra suspension

Clga

Hi
I am planning on an update to my 2009 Xterra Off-Road suspension. Stock is much to soft, especially the rear. Does anyone have experience/feedback on Ironmans complete 2" liftkit ?
I had Fox shocks on my JK and would love to get the same for the Xterra, or alternatively Bilstein 5100's, but haven't found anyplace to buy either yet. Advise please.

Kind regards
Claus
Gorgin4325

Caprihorse will help you :011:
Gorgin4325

That was an inside joke!

On a more serious note, there are a number of off-road shops that can help you. A few that come to mind are Ramy 4x4, ARB, Icon's, Mebar Auto, Robbies, etc... Do a search and you'll find lots of answers here.

Cheers,
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gorgin4325;11003 wrote:That was an inside joke!

On a more serious note, there are a number of off-road shops that can help you. A few that come to mind are Ramy 4x4, ARB, Icon's, Mebar Auto, Robbies, etc... Do a search and you'll find lots of answers here.

Cheers,
George, you forgot to mention that 2" lifting for a Newbie is not enough, it should be at least 20" in front and 30" at rear and by " I mean inches.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;11008 wrote:George, you forgot to mention that 2" lifting for a Newbie is not enough, it should be at least 20" in front and 30" at rear and by " I mean inches.
Such comments are going to scare new drivers from posting anything on this forum ! or is that the objective ?????

There is Bin Hofan in Musaffah Abu Dhabi that has prepared several X Terras for the Fury Team. Last time I was there they were adding an extra leaf to teh rear suspension of an X Terra to harden it up a bit.

Let me know if you need contact detaisl for George / Bin Hofan
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;11008 wrote:George, you forgot to mention that 2" lifting for a Newbie is not enough, it should be at least 20" in front and 30" at rear and by " I mean inches.

Will need a roll-cage as well....then they can cross the dunes rolling!!!
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gorgin4325;11002 wrote:Caprihorse will help you :011:
Hehehehehe, capri will help in MODs Noway, He can help him by putting metal bumper which is the only mod on his legendary Nissan, He is driving stock car without any problem.

By the way you can tease marshal capri by mentioning Lift kit hehehe.
For a newbie 2" is not enough it should be what capri said,lolz
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;11010 wrote:Such comments are going to scare new drivers from posting anything on this forum ! or is that the objective ?????

There is Bin Hofan in Musaffah Abu Dhabi that has prepared several X Terras for the Fury Team. Last time I was there they were adding an extra leaf to teh rear suspension of an X Terra to harden it up a bit.

Let me know if you need contact detaisl for George / Bin Hofan
Let me explain you clearly what I meant with my response.
We generally don't advice newbie drivers to do any lifting or modifications, that can endanger their life or safety. They need to understand their car and the terrain before they do some modifications, the car, they are able to control, when they are driving the dunes. We had some roll-overs in our club recently, thanks to advices from other newbies on lifting. Maybe in some other clubs it is a general practice to modify the car, before entering the dunes, but definitely not in our club.

Regarding your comments about scaring: We don't scare the new members of the club from posting and asking the questions, but we don't like other members to support them in modifying their cars in a dangerous way. If we see no star or a single star below his name, for us, he is Newbie, we don't know him, we don't know his skills... But we assume, if he is asking such a question, he must be very inexperienced driver. Off-roader with advanced skills would never ask here, he must know better than any other member...
Therefore we expect from other experienced drivers not to give advices to new members of our club that can endanger their safety.

We invite all off-roaders to be active in our Forum, to search for the answers and in the case they cannot find the answers, we all are more than happy, to see a new subject for discussion, where experienced members can give the right answers.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Understand your point but it needs to be put out a bit more gently to make its mark instead of making a mockery of the poster....20" lift !!!!!
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

If I may add my 2 cents here, having gone through many rounds against and with Caprihorse on this particular subject. One of the main and enduring attractions of Almost4x4 is the sense of humor that arises curusity without offending anyone. It is not intended to scare or under mine people, but to highlight a serious issue in a humorous way.

We still battle it out when it comes to mods, every chance we get, just for the fun of it. However, the message is always the same: get a grip on the driving skills, learn some technical knowledge then modify the car.

In between, the information starts flowing with advise, prices, recommendations and so on, while all the time trying to provoke response from the ANTI Modification Party

Having said that, I don't rememebr anyone who didn't modify the car beause the noise we made.. After all, everyone has the complete right to modify his/her car any way they want.

BTW: I have the Ironman suspension on my jeep: springs, shocks and leafs.. Very good, but the rear leafs are harder than the spring so objects in my rear view mirror (actuall in the side mirrors too) seem to be jumping up and down all the time....

The LIZARD has spoken :027: