Mods and the RTA

FTD83
Club Member
Club Member

It seems there has been a few more articles recently banning the modifications of cars in the UAE. While these seem to concentrate on noise and exhaust modifications does anyone know if all mods eg lift kits will be affected? Even if it's only noise mufflers, excessive tints etc does anyone trust the RTA ground staff enough not to fail a vehicle for having a winch fitted for example?
ace84

Hi from my recent experience i just registered my nissan patrol. i took it for a test in tasjeel in dubai for an export certificate as i live in RAK. the RTA had no problem with the k&N air filter i had installed or the 2.5 inch lift kit i had on my car it passed but when i tried to register it in RAK they failed it due to the car being too high, modified air filter and exhaust not being original so i had to take it to garage and fitted all the original company parts on and lowered the car and it passed. it all depends which emirates you live in. i know that in Abu Dhabi even air filters are not allowed. hope this little info from my experience helps.
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

this thread would answer ur questions guys...http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ركبات-ال-1
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

yesterday evening a police patrol was stationed at the petrol station at Kalba Road, usualy it is a meeting point, they stopped a lot of offroad cars and were checking only the noise issue,then they allowed the cars to go
FSL

musa hammoudeh;9918 wrote:yesterday evening a police patrol was stationed at the petrol station at Kalba Road, usualy it is a meeting point, they stopped a lot of offroad cars and were checking only the noise issue,then they allowed the cars to go
so no check under the bonnet???