Bumpers !!

OxI-
Club Member
Club Member

Hello everyone,, I am a new member in this family

i just want to ask if someone can help me that's would be great,, if anyone knows where in sharjah i can find a shop that's he can custom a tube bumper, prerunner or baja style bumper for me ? i really tried to find some but useless,, don't tell me icon he need 4500aed for a tube bumper with diameter 1.5 inch. i don't know how to post a picture but i think here in family there is someone with exterra he got one or you can google prerunner bumper to understand what i need,, if anyone knows that's helpful ...
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Do you have a design? dimensions etc,, some specific model.. I can then check with a shop I know if they can make it. I don't know how much it will cost, but definetly not 4500.

Which car do you have, and why don't you buy it from abroad?
OxI-
Club Member
Club Member

ya i have the design but as i told you before i dont know how to post a picture am sorry,, the car is silverado and i could not find it abroad they even dont made one accept the light bar and all the other is custom made and fabrication,, i dont know if its okay to post a link but here is one for what i want http://www.google.ae/imgres?q=prerunner ... 52&bih=725

am sorry for the link again but maybe thats could be help !
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Question would be: "Why do you need a tube bumper?"

A bumper normally serves as a protection for the sensitive parts and lines, which are placed at front. There are radiator, fans, brake and oil pipes; all parts which are crucial for your survival in a desert. Once you hit a dune (and you will), it is like to hit a concrete wall. You can damage your front bumper, but your important parts may stay untouched with a good, solid bumper. Most of the modern plastic bumpers are made to to serve in a soft collisions on the tarmac, but in a desert, they go off very soon.
Bumper made of tubes keeps all the the sensitive parts open and therefore unprotected. It looks cool, but practical sense of usage is very far away. Better is to use the full metallic bumper.
OxI-
Club Member
Club Member

thanks marshal for your feedback but first because you asked me the car is 2wd and after one month its will be transfer to jordan so its not a desert car ! and sir dont be underestimated those bumper they are really good and strong enough for desert and you got a high level of clearance with 1 cm skid plate to cover all important and sensitive parts, they using those bumper for prerunner cars sir and you know what i mean by prerunner, thanks again marshal for your advice and feedback and if you know a shop thats can customize one for me am really really thanks for that ..
Gorgin4325

Mebar Auto in Dubai will build u anything u want. High quality customized work = high $$$
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Any modifications to the car, not approved by police at originally approved import of any car to any country is not normally allowed. Bumper belongs also to these approved items and it is not allowed to change it. This is worldwide policy accepted by almost all countries in the world. When we are mounting metal bumpers on our off-road cars, it solely serves only for off-roading and at car license renewal we are putting back original bumpers, which is illegal, but still somehow accepted.
If you'll come with a car from any country into the another country, not only in GCC, with strange looking bumper, you can be sure that your car would be rejected.

Do you want to risk such an event?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gorgin4325;8328 wrote:Mebar Auto in Dubai will build u anything u want. High quality customized work = high $$$
George.... wake up :010:
Gorgin4325

caprihorse;8330 wrote:George.... wake up :010:
What??????
OxI-
Club Member
Club Member

ya i know mebar auto, and ya they can build a full prerunner car but as you say $$$ .. i want here in sharjah with medium quality because i spend alot for this car and i want to sell it in summer,, sir marshal i agree with you but in jordan thats okay there because i brought a toyota 4runner with front and rear crawler bumper and it was okay for them and the crawler bumper is more aggressive than prerunner bumper lol .. wanna ask you, do you like arb or tjm bumper .. ?