Skid Plate

FSL

Hi guys, so how much does it costs to get a custom skid plate? (just an approx amount)
Where can i get one made?

The ones custom fabricated at icon and aev seems too expensive. Although my bumpers are not fancy plastic and are not hugging the ground because of the lift but on one of last trips i bumped into a rock that was dug deep into the sand and it slightly damaged some underbody part but nothing serious. That's why i'm thinking to look into a skid plate.

Thanks for your help.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

There are fabrication shops in Sharjah that can do it for you, but you will need to give them the design and dimensions. For a basic front only skid plate, you might be able to get them to make it for AED600 (including the metal cost) but it won't be an almuminum one.
I will see if there is one who makes them alumimum, but the cost will be higher, specially that this is a one off piece, as there aren't many cars like yours demanding skid plates...

check this out for some ideas:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-crui ... build.html
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got my skid plate from MotorTech and it is made of aluminum 8mm. The cost around 2000 AED.

Darshan

Call Noble from NG designs at 0556056673. Shamsi myself and a lot of others got our skid plates done by him. He can design one for you either in aluminium or steel or whatever other metal you prefer :D
FSL

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.

DL very interesting link you shared, almost like a do-it-yourself type. I'm planning to check some shop in sharjah, lets c what i can find.
NaSeR, great plate but simply out of my budget :P
Darshan, i think i've seen this guy on facebook. will get in touch to get his quote. thanks
Darshan

I reckon that the ones shown by nasser is for the FJ and won't be a direct fit on the terminator. The design looks almost same as what noble makes. Noble will custom make one for you at a much lower price.
Ask Shamsi to connect you and you will get a good deal.
FSL

yeah that's never gonna fit and it's a full plate though. I just need one for the front part may be half of what NaSeR posted.
But i'm just window shopping for now to see the options and quotes before i jump into it. Will ask bu salem to introduce me to noble.
Thanks for help buddy :051:
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Window shopping if far more fun for me than the actual thing ! Enjoy ....there are a lot of windows to be shopped in Dubai ....Look into Best Line Garage as well
FSL

Wasif Ahmed;8084 wrote:Window shopping if far more fun for me than the actual thing ! Enjoy ....there are a lot of windows to be shopped in Dubai ....Look into Best Line Garage as well
long time no see wasif, where have you been :)
you're right about the window shopping thngy, its way more fun since you're not actually spending anything :011:
Warrior

any idea for a nissan pathfinder 2003 model howmuch would a skidplate cost