Resurrecting the "Ocean Thrills" of a.l.m.O.s.T.

orlantsev
Advance
Advance
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 1:06 am

Gents, we can also do a bit of an Q&A during our sand meetings :)
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 10:32 am

Alok708;35398 wrote:Dear Just Joseph..

Thanks for starting this interesting thread. I for one have zero experience of diving (though I can swim) and am obviously curious. Surely there are many more like me who are looking for sincere and unbiased answers to their question. May I request you to please do a small write up that gives all a basic knowledge about the subject and how one progresses from one level to another, important Do's and Dont's, tips on equipment required etc. I am sure it would be of immense help and then people can ask further questions for clarifications. I also remember that Al Shamsi had started a similar thread about year or so back and lot of valuable info got shared there as well.

I know it would be work for you, but if would be helpful if you can pull it off. You may also share links to some important articles, websites etc that can provide useful and quality info.

Cheers!
alok
Alok708, good day! knowing how to swim is a good start :thumbsup:. SCUBA diving requires proper training group like PADI or CMAS, in UAE dive centers are member of PADI and here is the link on PADI site http://www.padi.com/scuba/ it will tell you all about the adventures in SCUBA diving.

I wont be able to cover all do's and dont's yet. But for curious peeps, I strongly recommend to try Discovery Scuba Diving (DSD), you do not need to get certified with this activity by you will be guided and oriented by Certified Dive Instructors (DI) and will take you down under and out of the waters SAFELY. We have options to go with Dive Centers for DSD or take a private DI with us. I opt for private DI for my team building activity 'coz divers don't feel rush to get in and out of waters. Pretty much take our sweet time and enjoy the company.

We can sit down and have talk more about this topic on the meeting site (Almost Drives) like Orlantsev suggested :like: and Google PADI or CMAS as Caprihorse noted :like:.

Cheers and Happy Reads. :yarr:
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 10:32 am

:like:
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am

orlantsev;35428 wrote:Gents, we can also do a bit of an Q&A during our sand meetings :)
:like:
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 10:34 am

Mark B;35421 wrote:I have always wanted to scuba diving, but I am in the same situation as Alok, starting from scratch. I'll start doing some on line research and keep following the thread.
:like:
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 10:35 am

caprihorse;35413 wrote:www.wikipedia.com or www.google.com ...
:like:
User avatar
refad
Intermediate
Intermediate
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Thu May 08, 2014 8:16 pm

I have started the training. Now 1 day finished with theory. Any way I will miss the discussion by u guys. And offcourse the night camping. -arrested by kids- can't go any where with out there permission for these 2 days
Alok708
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: Dubai

Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

Just Joseph;35438 wrote:Alok708, good day! knowing how to swim is a good start :thumbsup:. SCUBA diving requires proper training group like PADI or CMAS, in UAE dive centers are member of PADI and here is the link on PADI site http://www.padi.com/scuba/ it will tell you all about the adventures in SCUBA diving.

I wont be able to cover all do's and dont's yet. But for curious peeps, I strongly recommend to try Discovery Scuba Diving (DSD), you do not need to get certified with this activity by you will be guided and oriented by Certified Dive Instructors (DI) and will take you down under and out of the waters SAFELY. We have options to go with Dive Centers for DSD or take a private DI with us. I opt for private DI for my team building activity 'coz divers don't feel rush to get in and out of waters. Pretty much take our sweet time and enjoy the company.

We can sit down and have talk more about this topic on the meeting site (Almost Drives) like Orlantsev suggested :like: and Google PADI or CMAS as Caprihorse noted :like:.

Cheers and Happy Reads. :yarr:
Thanks bro. I shall certainly log on to the link suggested by you, as well as doing own research on google etc. And it is definitely a good idea to take this discussion forward during meetings at the drives.

Cheers!
Alok
Just Joseph
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Sat May 10, 2014 5:17 pm

refad;35454 wrote:I have started the training. Now 1 day finished with theory. Any way I will miss the discussion by u guys. And offcourse the night camping. -arrested by kids- can't go any where with out there permission for these 2 days
:like: same goes with me I get tied up on a chair by my kiddoes :grin:
marcinou
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Count me in as well. Just arrived in Dubai and would love to discover diving sites around here.
Post Reply