Resurrecting the "Ocean Thrills" of a.l.m.O.s.T.

Just Joseph

Whilst we all feed our passion on Sand Thrills this summer, it also the best time to get under the sun & in the ocean to experience a different kind of adventure, snorkeling or SCUBA diving!!! Breathing under water will open a new path of adventure in you and will surprise you how amazing it is to see underwater creatures.

To all who wishes to do Discovery Scuba Diving, Get Certified or Progress your certification... SHOUT IT OUT! on this post! I'd be glad to answer your curiosity based on my personal gained knowledge.

By the way, I am not an instructor or an agent of any dive centre, just a regular PADI certified advance diver enjoying Ocean Trills one breath at a time.

Cheers and Happy Reads!:yarr:
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Just Joseph...indeed I' ve been curious that there was not much activity in this thread.. I'd love to do more diving around here. I have done couple of dives since I moved to Dubai (Fujairah and Musandam), but to be frank I was not so much impressed. I want to be convinced that there are great diving spots in the area yet to be explored! I go to Philippines several times a year for business - that is where I dive! I will be happy to join and help out with any diving trip to add some variety to Almost 4*4 activities
Arun Pandyat

Hi,

You can count me too. First I had a chance to do snorkeling in some island in Fujairah. That was good experience and I took my license for diving.
But I don't have much diving experience. I love to join if ALMOST planning to do any dive. But before I need to do a refresher course.

Regards,

Arun
Just Joseph

orlantsev;35375 wrote:Just Joseph...indeed I' ve been curious that there was not much activity in this thread.. I'd love to do more diving around here. I have done couple of dives since I moved to Dubai (Fujairah and Musandam), but to be frank I was not so much impressed. I want to be convinced that there are great diving spots in the area yet to be explored! I go to Philippines several times a year for business - that is where I dive! I will be happy to join and help out with any diving trip to add some variety to Almost 4*4 activities
Your feedback is a good start Mate!

I agree with you. UAE do not have the best dive sites but I reckon it's a very good grounds for training, If you can dive here with poor visibility (confidently) you can pretty much conquer dive sites in other areas with mild current. Musandam would be a better dive site, I'll be there in the next couple of weeks, i'll do a dive report here and see how many member are curious.
For Philippines. it's hard comparison for diving destination :thumbsup:, the County itself is an Island. Cheers!:yarr:
Just Joseph

Arun Pandyat;35378 wrote:Hi,

You can count me too. First I had a chance to do snorkeling in some island in Fujairah. That was good experience and I took my license for diving.
But I don't have much diving experience. I love to join if ALMOST planning to do any dive. But before I need to do a refresher course.

Regards,

Arun
I am sure that you will remember your training once you hit the water. :yarr:
Arun Pandyat

:grin::thumbsup:
Just Joseph;35382 wrote:I am sure that you will remember your training once you hit the water. :yarr:
Alok708

Dear Just Joseph..

Thanks for starting this interesting thread. I for one have zero experience of diving (though I can swim) and am obviously curious. Surely there are many more like me who are looking for sincere and unbiased answers to their question. May I request you to please do a small write up that gives all a basic knowledge about the subject and how one progresses from one level to another, important Do's and Dont's, tips on equipment required etc. I am sure it would be of immense help and then people can ask further questions for clarifications. I also remember that Al Shamsi had started a similar thread about year or so back and lot of valuable info got shared there as well.

I know it would be work for you, but if would be helpful if you can pull it off. You may also share links to some important articles, websites etc that can provide useful and quality info.

Cheers!
alok
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Alok708;35398 wrote:Dear Just Joseph..

Thanks for starting this interesting thread. I for one have zero experience of diving (though I can swim) and am obviously curious. Surely there are many more like me who are looking for sincere and unbiased answers to their question. May I request you to please do a small write up that gives all a basic knowledge about the subject and how one progresses from one level to another, important Do's and Dont's, tips on equipment required etc. I am sure it would be of immense help and then people can ask further questions for clarifications. I also remember that Al Shamsi had started a similar thread about year or so back and lot of valuable info got shared there as well.

I know it would be work for you, but if would be helpful if you can pull it off. You may also share links to some important articles, websites etc that can provide useful and quality info.

Cheers!
alok
www.wikipedia.com or www.google.com ...
Alok708

caprihorse;35413 wrote:www.wikipedia.com or www.google.com ...
I tried, these links not working on my computer !!:Psmiley: :011: :omg:
Mark B
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have always wanted to scuba diving, but I am in the same situation as Alok, starting from scratch. I'll start doing some on line research and keep following the thread.